I’ve talked about game company copying unscrupulously other games, I’ve recently stumbled upon a Plants & Zombies clone rebranded with one of my favorite comic book character Asterix.
I’ve talked a lot about the new “Plants vs Zombies” game but it’s actually the first time I found out that it’s copied/cloned. Social seem to be with these kind of clone, some developer copy from another in a different setting and release it in hope to get the traction from the previous copied game.
Fo those who don’t know who Asterix his check out the Wikipedia entry:
“Asterix is a series of French comics written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Albert Uderzo. The series follows the exploits of a village of indomitable Gauls as they resist Roman occupation. They do so by means of a magic potion, brewed by their druid, which gives the recipient superhuman strength. “
How come it’s a clone?
While the setting is definitely different, the gameplay is practically the same between the 2 games. Replace plant with Gallic warrior from Asterix village and zombie with roman “Et Voilà” you get Asterix: Total Retaliation.
You can go read pocket game take on the game and comparison of both game.
Is Asterix: Total Retaliation a clone or a cool game that took some inspiration from Plants vs Zombies ?
Let us know what you think in the comment below!
Is Asterix: Total Retaliation a clone of Plants vs. Zombies – and should you care?
Our plants vs Zombies news
Plants vs Zombies 2 release on Android
For those late in the news Star Wars Tiny Death Star was released, you can check out the trailer below.
The Emperor asked you, Vader, to build shop and restaurant in the death star to entertain your troop and make money to pay for the main purpose of the death star, bring terror and death through all the galaxy.
You play has Vader the mastermind building the new death star and you must find the delicate balance of building commerce to finance your little project and spending your money of imperial floor to investigate the rebel secret and build your ultimate weapon.
Star wars Tiny Death might seem like a clone of tiny tower set in the star wars universe. Sure there is similarities specially the gameplay that haven’t changed much between the two games but I’ve found some difference and I’ve decided to put a list of them.
Top 10 majors difference between Tiny death star and Tiny tower that wills make you want to play both
- Imperial floor, Mission from Vader with imperial floors (this remove the creative floor from tiny tower)
- Emperor mission instead of the mission on tiny tower
- Special character can visit you and you can collect them
- Special scene: When a special character visit you it may trigger a scene if he visit the right floor
- Elevator upgrades multiply your tips, which make it worthwhile to upgrade them compare to the one in the original tiny tower game.
- Some characters like to keep secret where they are going
- You have to search for rebel and special character in your star instead of searching for bitzen
- Its way harder to get extra free bux than in Tiny Tower
- You play has freaking Vader
- You have hundreds even thousands of Star Wars reference
- Some char won’t tell you where they are going only until you move them
- New VIPs
A new gaming social network recently went public: Dpadd, lets users list, rate, and review every title they play.
With a intuitive interface and all your favorite game (console and pc not web), dpadd has all you can hope for in a gaming social network.
Here’s what you can do with it:
- Record the games you play
- Rate and review games
- Create a ‘To Play’ list to help you remember and organize the games you want to play
- Follow and see updates from friends and industry professionals
- Many, many other exciting features to come!
If you want to check out the site, sign up here: http://dpadd.com.
Related news : GameBeat
My 2 cents, it’s very interesting site, might be lacking achievement and a way to buy game you want to play, give it a try. And seach for Jack on the site.